Patient Bed Matching Introductory Training
Date: Thursday, February 6 and Friday, February 7
Time: Various time offerings (see registration form below)
Location: 1075 Mullins Station Road, Room W-204, Memphis, 38134
The Tennessee Department of Health, in collaboration with Tennessee Hospital Association and Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse, is rolling out a new bed matching tool as part of the Healthcare Resource Tracking System (HRTS). This tool will assist healthcare facilities in quickly identifying available behavioral health beds, based on selected criteria.
Searching staff will learn how to quickly locate available psychiatric beds in a few short steps. Admitting staff will learn how to use this online system to set up facility-specific search parameters so that transferring facilities can more easily identify available bed placement options. This process is a significant upgrade to current communication methods for both your facility and the transfer site and should help reduce extended delays when trying to find appropriate matches by filtering specific bed availability with individual patient needs.
- Free of Charge
- Interactive Experience
- Short (1 hour)/Informative Classes
- All training equipment will be provided
How Does This Benefit You?
- This new system will eliminate time spent sending blasts faxes and multiple phone calls trying to find an open bed that will meet your criteria.
- It will help speed up the process of finding an inpatient bed at a psych facility for patients held in Emergency Departments.
- This system includes detailed search parameters, including:
- Violent/Aggressive/Incarcerated patients
- Medically Assisted Treatment
- Complicated Medical
Hospital ED Staff, Admissions at Acute Care facilities and Behavioral Health Care facilities